Friday, July 16, 2010

Close a door, open a window?

I don't really like that quote. I would rather have a big huge door open for me then a little window. However, being in a positive mindset means appreciating anything you DO have!

I just did the math and there is NO way that I can afford sending myself and Scott... or even just myself... to Zach's graduation from Basic Training in Nov. The cost of flights and hotels and food is just unbelievable. I should have thought more about it before talking with Zach. For me, I figured it wasn't going to be easy, or even an option. But for him, I know he is set on it in his head. Now I have to disappoint him that he will most likely be alone for his graduation ceremony.

The ONLY upside to this is that Christmas Exodus is a month after graduation so he will be able to come home for a couple weeks so at least I get to see my husband once during his leave. Some wives don't even get that.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I clicked on your link from Army Wife Chat. (welcome to the board by the way.) Hope you don't mind if I follow you. :-)

    My husband just graduated AIT. Where is your husband doing his BCT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fort Leonard Wood. Long way from home. He is there for AIT as well.

    ReplyDelete