Thursday, December 9, 2010

Countdown to Hubbin!!!

It's official.... only ten days left until Hubbin gets home! I am so excited. Or, maybe I should say SEW excited. That is the subject of this blog entry. Finally, after a year of owning my sewing machine, I went to a lesson and learned all of the basics of how my machine works. One lesson was all it took and I came home and attempted my first project, an ACU Christmas tree skirt. I sewed some of the decorative stitching on the wrong side, but thankfully it gets covered by presents anyways. :0)  It came out great and I was so excited and I decided to try another project today.

Today, I made an ACU dog dress for Harley. I picked up some lace trim, ribbon and a D ring and just went for it. I had a few mishaps and my stitching is not perfectly straight, but I am SO proud of my work especially since this is only my second time sewing anything! I can't wait to show her new dress to Daddy. I know he will love her support. :0)





1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, your dog looks super cute in her new outfit! Looks like it fits well.

    ReplyDelete