Thursday, March 3, 2011

Refashioned...

EEP.... I finally made my first refashioned project.... a woman's shirt into toddler skirt! The skirt is approx 20 inches in the waist which fits between 3T-4T. The original length was too short, so I added an ivory ruffle trim which came out just too cute! I also made a few rosette's out of the scraps of the shirt. One of them will be made into a removable pin for the skirt and the other two will be made into a hair clip (still in progress). I will be sending this out to my friend's adorable little daughter, Ella. :0)

This was also my first attempt at making ruffles out of strips of leftover knit fabric and it's easier said then done. My thread kept snapping even though I remembered not to close the ends of the stitch, I used a large stitch length and I tried being really gentle with it. Guess it's just something that takes practice..... or better thread? lol


No comments:

Post a Comment