Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Leaps and Bounds.....

I have been so amazed with my child's growth this year. I'm not talking height and weight here, but emotional maturity and control. He has done such incredible changes and I couldn't be more excited and proud of him. Today, he did something that truly shocked me. I have been waiting for years since the day he could speak for him to do this. HE SHARD HIS FEELINGS! For those of you who know my child, this is such a big deal for him. He came up to me after school and asked me if I was interested in hearing him share his feelings. HECK YES I AM INTERESTED! We sat on the couch and had a 20 minute conversation and guess what? It was a two way conversation... not a "mom lectures and kid rolls eyes and pretend to listen" type of deal.

My son, you are such a gift from Heaven and I am so grateful that I was chosen to be your mom. You complete me in a way that I never imagined could exist. You are growing so fast and I wish you could be my baby forever. You hold my heart in those hands of yours. You give me life and purpose and I thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment