Friday, May 29, 2009

I wrap Christmas presents months in advance... why should Father's Day be any different?...AKA Father's Day Part One & Two

So, Daddy Zach got quite spoiled this year. Father's Day is coming in three parts.

Part one, Zach recieved a new pair of Sandals almost two months before Father's Day (which he desperatly needed and I just can't keep a surprise if my life depended on it!)


Part Two, Since this gift goes along with a surprise trip this Saturday (that was the intention, Daddy Zach found out weeks ago cause loud mouth Momma can't keep her trap shut)... anywho, this is the only free day Scottie had that matched with Daddy Zach's schedule (Cause Scottie is a highly saught after ticket item in this family.... the kind of item that people start wars over... no joke, just ask someone about the War of 2000 Birth of the Sacred Child.... their faces will turn white as their bones rattle in fear!)

I Digress...

Step One: Wrap gift in beautiful paper with much care and preparation (Or use box the item was shipped in) Don't forget to make the receiver of the gift close their eyes.... just in case they have x-ray vision. If they don't, it still makes for better anticipation.


Step Two: Gift Reciever recieves gift and has amazing shock response to the awesome gift they just recieved. (However, one of two things happen. Either picture taker is not expecting Gift Reciever to open gift so quickly so misses shot OR Camera doesn't funtion quickly under low light... but remember, we always shall blame it on the camera. Because professional photographers do not make such silly mistakes so camera is at fault.) None the less, Gift Reciever must now pose as though they have just recieved gift again. All the pressure mounts as pose must be held for numerous minutes because within the alloted arguing time over what the problem was (Camera's fault... don't forget) the camera has shut off (such a lovely energy saving feature). Photographer is beyond capable of getting perfect shot.... here's proof...


Step Three: Gift Reciever now models gift (wearable gifts only please) for Photographer (unless its like a new thong or something... in which case the photo should not be passed around a family blog such as this.... and definatly should not have been considered a great Father's Day gift)


Step Four: Bask in the glory that is the perfect gift... because you the Gift Giver deserves it. You have thought long and hard about this moment. Tears have been shed. Memories sifted through til the wee hours of the night (What does a trip to the bathroom have to do with late night anyhow? And if you mean "we", then why does it have to be plural? These are the things that keep me up at night people!) Gift Giver deserves a pat on the back (Why? Am I a dog?) .... I think Gift Giver deserves a night out on the town. What do you think? .... oh.... ok then.... sorry... I forgot.... I know I know... you don't give gifts just to recieve something in return.... the smile on their faces is the gift you recieve.








Well, if that's the case, I could have given just the card.

1 comment:

  1. well he must be a darn good Daddy Zach, if he gets treated like that for fathers day... Sheesh Cass, I will be your daddy for that kind of attention! SPOILED.
    But so entertaining

    ReplyDelete